5 Things to Consider When Purchasing Wheelchair Threshold Ramps
Wheelchair threshold ramps are an essential tool for anyone who uses a wheelchair or mobility scooter. They allow individuals to safely navigate the transition between different surface levels, such as the transition from a sidewalk to a doorway. When purchasing a threshold ramp, there are a few important things to consider to ensure that you are getting the best ramp for your needs.
- Length and width: One of the first things to consider when purchasing a threshold ramp is the length and width of the ramp. It is important to choose a ramp that is long enough to cover the entire threshold and wide enough to accommodate the width of your wheelchair or scooter. Be sure to measure the threshold and the width of your mobility device before making a purchase to ensure that you get the correct size.
- Weight capacity: Another important factor to consider when purchasing a threshold ramp is the weight capacity. It is essential to choose a ramp that can support the weight of your wheelchair or scooter, as well as any additional weight that may be added, such as mobility aids or personal belongings.
- Surface type: The surface of the threshold ramp is also an important consideration. Some ramps have a smooth, non-slip surface that is suitable for indoor use, while others have a rougher surface that is better suited for outdoor use. Be sure to choose a ramp that is appropriate for the type of surface you will be using it on.
- Portability: If you plan on using the threshold ramp in multiple locations or need to transport it frequently, it is important to consider the portability of the ramp. Some ramps are lightweight and easy to carry, while others are heavier and may require a vehicle for transportation
- Cost: Finally, it is important to consider the cost of the threshold ramp when making a purchase. Threshold ramps can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars, depending on the size and features of the ramp. Be sure to shop around and compare prices to find the best deal.
There are several important things to consider when purchasing a wheelchair threshold ramp. Be sure to consider the length and width of the ramp, the weight capacity, the surface type, the portability, and the cost to ensure that you are getting the best ramp for your needs.